Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ivy generator!

Looking at one of FireKDragon's pictures, he mentioned an ivy generator he used for his wonderful image. I started to look into it and I found it. An easy to use external, small program that will generate an ivy plant around your object!

Heres the link to the page: http://graphics.uni-konstanz.de/~luft/ivy_generator/

And quoting Drea, I put the important Vue notes she made that I use:
All of her post can be found here: http://www.yurdigital.com/forum/software-forums/vue/ivy-generator-free-tool-boost-your-forest-ruins

In Material Editor:
  • If wanted, add bump map to the color map and 
  • set bump to 0.8
  • change highlight color to a light gray
  • add backlight between 95% and 100%
For textures I used a picture I took of a ivy in a trip to the UK. It is from the Lake district near Keswick. You are welcome to use them for free if you want. You should be able to right click and download the full size. In Vue I change the trunk texture into the mossy green or something else.