Friday, November 11, 2011

Render Batch in Vue

So, I wanted to test my theory that maybe by using Batch Render I could continue renders that I had previously started rendering and had a resume render save file.

It didnt work for me. I made a test scene where I rendered the image on normal screen render and took X time. I then started the render and halfway I stopped it, for the resume render to be tested on the Batch rendering. It came out with a Fail message and the picture just didnt render. With the Batch render screen open, I then clicked on add current where it seemed to render the picture in full from the begining. And it took the same time. So no resume render.

I know this is not properly tested but I wanted to post my findings somewhere for the mean time. if i figure something else, ill update this.

So  Things to remember:

  • Dont add to the batch a resume render as it will crash
  • Prepare scenes in advance and prepare them to save to disk
  • It continues rendering on the BG so you can still work on vue
  • Add an auto-save timer that suits your purpose
Thats that for now. To be updated once I gather more info.